The first dates are always special. That feeling of fluttering butterflies in your stomach, the first meeting of your eyes, the first fun conversations – all these are fodder for building memories for a lifetime.
Naturally, you will want to make these moments extra special. After all you have finally gathered the courage to ask out your probable “the one” and you should give it all to make it a success.
Herein comes the hard part which means getting yourself prepared for your first date! Your first date gives you the opportunity to have a great time and make your partner realise how much special he or she is. But at the same time, you should make it a point not to make it evident that you are trying too hard.
To help you with that, here some of the things are enlisted that you should keep in mind before your first date which will help you to ease your nerves. These are the tips that will help you going. Just take a look.
- Prioritise Your Safety First – At any point of time when you are meeting someone, it is best to think about your safety first. You should always meet in a place where you can be publicly seen and let trusted person know about your whereabouts. You can also post the location on the social media and remember to be able to take note of the surroundings. You should not let your date pressurize you into anything and you should also keep a ringtone ready if you need it
- Dress for Yourself – Dressing for the first date can make you dress up a million times with countless options. But you should understand that it is for yourself that you should dress. You should wear something that makes you feel the most confident about yourself. After all, as the saying goes- “Confidence is the best thing that you can wear!”. Even if it is a dress or a tuxedo that has been a trend of the bygone days, it does not matter until you can wear it confidently. Your date is not going to notice what you are wearing if you are confident about it. So keep that in mind and dress up accordingly.
- Keep it Casual – In order to be good, first dates do not need to be super lengthy or super extravagant. In fact, if you keep the things more subtle and low key, you can succeed in making some sense of where this conversation is going. You should understand that first dates are not production rather they are times when you get to know a person by talking about their life experiences. You can opt for a setting that has low noise level. This way you can have uninterrupted conversations that will help you to know each other better.
- Don’t Forget Your Manners – Everyone loves manners and your date is not an exception to that. At times, many of us forget the little courtesies that go a long way like “Thank You” and “Please”. Though small, all these little gestures can help you show yourself in a better light. So if you want to make a positive impression in the mind of your date you must show it.
- Prepare for Conversation that is Intriguing – One of the most intimidating parts of going on the first date is to converse with someone that you don’t know well and make it fascinating. That is why it is essential that you know some secrets to start interesting conversations. The failed efforts at humours and empty compliments are not going to take you anywhere. So drop the tacky pick-up lines and opt for conversation subjects that show that you are intelligent, curious and cultured. You can ask questions like – “What factors will make a perfect day for you?” or “What is your most cherished memory?” or “Who you want to invite for lunch if you can invite anyone from the world?”. You should also reciprocate if someone shares some of their personal experiences or ask you a question. This keeps the conversation flowing, polite and equal.
- Be Yourself – You should always be yourself and this is especially the case when you are out for a date. This is an opportunity to show the other person who you truly are. You are special and unique and your date must be able to find that. So instead of saying what you think can impress your date, you should say what you really feel. Show your true self and if that is weird let it be that way. Similarly, if you are a serious, so be it. So don’t go for enacting something that you are not.
- Brush Up Your Pearly Whites – Dates happen to be intimate and your pearly whites should be prepared to get the attention and foul breath is an absolute no-no. You should always consult with your dentist, whom you can find by typing “dentist near me” in you search engines, regarding how you can stay away from foul breath on such important day. She can guide you with the same.
The above are some of the things that should keep in mind before going for your first date. These will help you create a true and great first impression that will lay the foundation stone for a great relationship later.
Sawoni Chowdhury is an aficionado of writing. She is an expert writer and blogger and shares her views and opinions on a range of topics such as Lifestyle, Business, Entertainment and lot more.